Monday, August 27, 2007

Drop The Hammer and Sickle!!!


Nation,

I watched the 2005 Nationals DVD just now. It reminded me of something that has bothered me for some time.

In 2004 and 2005, the Men's open crown was won by a team called Nomads. For whatever reason, they decided to wear an Hammer and Sickle logo on their jerseys. Please see picture.

I don't want to rob teams the liberty of wearing jerseys and logos of their choice, but the Hammer and Sickle is a symbol of great evil to many people in Eastern Europe and the world.

If the Nomads come back, I hope they drop the logo. Wearing a logo that most identify with a government that killed a minimum of 3 million people (according to the Russian government post 1991, not counting civil wars, world wars or other strifes) really says something.

No comments: