There are three world championships this summer. The implications of these events include but are limited to the following.
- Some very good ultimate is going to be played
- Some very deserving players are going to get some great experience
- We're going to take the temperature of Canada's competitiveness at the world stage and who the emerging countries are
- Players will be scrambling to raise funds
- We as a community will be exposed to a number of fund raising schemes and efforts.
It doesn't stop at oranges. Fund raising efforts have included the following
- Teams running their own tournaments for profit
- Raffle tickets
- Illegal poker tournaments
- March Madness and other fantasy pools
- Selling Live strong rip off bracelets (That has ceased thankfully)
- Calenders (Most notably Storm of 2004)
So, I ask you the reader to tell me
- What is the Return On Investment for these Projects? Do people do them because they actually make money?
- Which activities have worked the best for you or your team in the past?